The Greek national motorway Nea Odos connects southern Greece with northern Greece and consists mainly of two sections: (a) Ionia Odos from the bridge of Rio-Antirrio to Egnatia Odos at Ioannina, 196km long and (b) Athens – Thessaloniki to the Skarfia Fthiotida grade junction (part of the PATHE motorway), 172 km long. The reconstruction of PATHE motorway has transformed the oldest National Road into one of the most modern and safe motorways in the country.
Algosystems’ project included the PATHE section of Agios Konstantinos with 6 twin tunnels and 4 interchanges and included the study, design, installation and commissioning and maintenance of the following:
- Integration of open road SCADA and tunnel subsystems in 6 twin tunnels with a total length of 25km.
- Advanced Traffic Management System on 25km
- Automation panels in 2 twin tunnels with a total length of 2.5km
- Fiber optic network in tunnels and open road.
- Induction Loop Tracking System with 46 controllers with a total length of 172km