IP Voice Network Engineer
We are seeking to employ for a fixed term contract a group of enthusiastic IP/Voice Network Engineers. The candidates must have a know how of minimum CCNA level and will perform IP/Voice Provisioning service deployment and activation activities for the delivery of a Large Scale Infrastructure project related to Telecommunications & Networks Engineering Scope.
- Evaluate customer infrastructure and confirm together with presales engineers that the correct solution/service implementation is offered to the Enterprise Customers.
- Receive and manage requests for new IP/Voice provisioning service activation or changes
- Co-ordinate and perform all required actions in order to ensure the optimum preparation as well as the prompt and quality activation of the IP/Voice services to the customer premises
- Organize service integrator’s technician visits to customer premises in order to perform all required on site installation activities.
- Access customer’s internal network (under customer’s guidance) in order to perform work around actions while the activation takes place.
- Troubleshoot, resolve customer technical issues which arise during service activation
- Run service health checks ensuring customer enjoys the full range of the IP/Voice service provisioning capabilities.
Core competencies and knowledge:
- Good knowledge of IP and Voice Service Provisioning technical domains ie :
- Advanced understanding of OSI Reference model, IPv4, IPv6 and IETF TCP/IP suite and typical implementations
- Ηands-on knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing protocols: i.e. IEEE801.1Q, QinQ, carrier ethernet, BGP, OSPF.
- Implementing a resilient network with redundancy and rapid fail over using MPLS, LACP, G8032.
- Fixed carrier services (IP VPN, Leased lines, Internet access, Fixed Voice, etc)
- Knowledge of SIP messages, SIP Trunking, IMS network, RTP, Routing, Virtual PBX
- Ηands-on experience in delivery, provisioning and/or troubleshooting of IP networks.
- Experience on network architecture and technology planning for IP networks in carrier and enterprise service provider environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco equipment/Call manager/programming
- Use of Operation Support Systems (OSS) and CRM (preferably Siebel).
- Coordinate cross-organizational teams and engineering associates, perform diagnostics work and provide technical support.
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with all involved stakeholders utilizing strong inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines and comply with strict KPIs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of data, from various sources, towards the determination of the most efficient resolution.
Professional qualifications and experience:
- University degree relevant to Networks, Telecommunications / Computer
- At least one year experience in relevant position.
- Cisco CCNA certification and/or equivalent is a must
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Cisco CCNP certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Greek native speaker.
Algosystems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our team and enjoy working for an established tech company offering you opportunities to grow with us! Please notice that Algosystems will not be holding candidates’ CVs for any period, after completing recruiting process.
Please send your CV at hr[at]algosystems[dot]gr mentioning code “SWR_IPVENG” .